cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Darkfever (Fever #1) - Karen Marie Moning

Now I finally realized Karen Marie Moning is on the New York Times Bestseller List! She is one of those authors that just blow you away with their writing that you come back hungry for more and more. I have to say that this was my very first Adult Urban Fantasy Series and my all-time favorite. Karen throws us in a world of that I would love to explore to the fullest. Mackayla Lane has just lost her sister in Dublin. She flies to Dublin, Ireland to investigate her sisters murder, but the police has dropped her sister's case. When she arrives she finds out that everything is not as it seems and her world will change forever.

Darkfever centers on fae, but not those sweet innocent fae like Tinkerbell, but fae to their darkest, even more darker than you can possibly imagine. The last message from Mackayla's sister was about the Sinsar-Dubh and how Mackalya must find it at all costs, that is when she encounters Jerricho Barrons, he is a total ass, but one of those bad-ass guys you just want all to yourself. Barrons helps Mackayla on her quest in his own way.

At first it took me a little bit to really get into this book, and when I did I could not stop reading. I had become addicted to the FEVER! Mackayla Lane is described as the pretty barbie doll, but she is a lot tougher than people give her credit for, through the book Mackayla becomes one of the strongest heroines that I have ever seen in action and she fights for what she believes in. I truly believe by the end of the series that she will become someone both physically and mentally strong.

Jerricho Barrons. Oh, my love. I love this guy. At the beginning of the book, I admit he was a complete ass and he is very intimidating at times, but I love him! He is tough, knowledgeable, arrogant, rude, and all the above, but by the end of the novel I truly believe that there is another side to this man than we realize. He is such a mystery that I NEED to know more about this guy. And when I say mysetery I mean it in a way that will drive you crazy. Barrons is after the Sinsar-Dubh and makes that very clear, but what will he do with it when he gets his hands on the book? The both need each other for their own agendas.

We also have V'lane, our Fae Prince. His top priority is his queen , but V'lane and his queen need Mackayla to find the Sinsar-Dubh also. I don't really know what to think of V'lane as of yet, he seems like one of them that don't really care for Mackalyla until he gets what he wants. We didn't get much of V'lane, but I hope to find out more of his characters in the next book. Darkfever has a formidable cast of characters that you can't help but love and want to learn more about their pasts, what kind of power are they capable of, and what exactly their agendas are.

So basically Darkfever is one of those series I can say why hadn't I read this book sooner? And yes, when of those series where I read each book back to back without stopping because I became addicted to the series. Darkfever has twists and turns that will leave you breathless and craving for the next book in the series. I am looking forward for book 2, Bloodfever and hope that it is even better than Darkfever!

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews