cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Hourglass - Myra McEntire

I could not stop reading Hourglass until I got to the last page. This book is a mix of romance, plot twists, and wicked mystery. I was so into this book I may have forgotten to go to sleep. So I stumbled upon this book and read the description and I was like what is this book about. It feel like the cover, book title, and book description is all a mystery of what the contents of this book contains. I was curious, so I had to crack open the book and once the book was open I could not close it.

Emerson sees spirits and her brother is very worried so then she meets Micheal who is from Hourglass who ends up helping her with this gift of hers. Emerson goes deeper into the world of Hourglass. There are other people like Emerson who have these gifts, so she is not alone. And her past may not be what it really is.

This book was quite exciting because from the beginning you want to know what the hell Hourglass is, and it's like it's kept a secret for a while and every chapter you have more and more questions. Which brings me to Micheal. SO he is Emerson's love interest and he is sweet and caring like any guy.

One annoying habit that he had that drove me crazy was that Micheal sort of tried to do what he thought was best for Emerson. If he thought something was too dangerous or if he thought he was protecting her he would do it his way without considering her feelings on the subject. Another thing is he stresses at the beginning how they can't be together and I swear I sat through the whole novel wondering why the hell not? Only to find out it was something stupid.

I thought Emerson's family, her brother Thomas and her wife, Dee. we great family. But I thought her brother was way too protective and smothering her too much. If I was Emerson I couldn't handle it. I think he is the same as Micheal in doing what he thinks is best for Emerson without her consent and even though he is her legal guardian he should give her some space.

We were introduced to some characters of the Hourglass that have some ablities like Emerson does and it was cool to meet them and I hope that we get to learn more about their ablities in the next book. Overall this was a great 2011 author debut. I enjoyed it a great deal and look forward to reading the next book in the series. You will not want to miss Hourglass. It is a must-read.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews