cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Starcrossed  - Josephine Angelini

STARCROSSED definitely gives a twist on paranormal romance/mythology. I thought this book was so heartbreakingly beautiful in the sense where it made me very emotional. Angelini does a fantastic job with character development that you really feel for everything that these characters go through.

I'm not going to give away too much to what the story is about, but I thought that STARCROSSED was one of those books that frustrates you to no end, but you like it at the same time. I think many others could agree with me. I thought some characters just made me go bonkers a lot of the time.

STARCROSSED ended up being one of those beautiful romances, but one where the hero and heroine had some obstacle, and honestly I still don't get them not being able to be together, and then the ending is like WTF? which I can't spoil. damn. But I thought Helen was a little bit too trusting to believe what was explained to her to why Lucas and her cannot be together.

As for Lucas and Helen I thought it was weird a bit that when they first meet they want to kill each other and then a couple of chapters later, they need to be near each other. But I loved the development of Helen and Lucas' relationship. I think just in STARCROSSED that these two have been through hell on the relationship and I can't wait to see how they handle things about them not being able to be together, will they give in?

"She decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it."

I loved Twilight and there's no comparison, really totally different stories, but when we got this whole big family that is Lucas' I was like OMG YAH! I enjoyed every member of Lucas' story. Some family members took a while for me to warm up to them.

Overall, this was a good first book in the STARCROSSED trilogy. I think this book does fall under 4 stars and it's all your personal preference I suppose, but I can't help rating lower for how bonkers the characters drove me. I am anxious for Dreamless. I really curious what is going to happen next. I am thinking please, please don't trust so and so. (one of the big things that drove me bonkers). This book was very enjoyable for me. What I have seen in some reviews is either you like it, don't like it, or fall in the middle, so give this book a try, you may just like it.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews