cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage - Jennifer Ashley

After reading the first book in the Highland Pleasures Series I was extremely excited to start more of these books, but sadly LADY ISABELLA'S SCANDALOUS MARRIAGE was quite dull in comparison to The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

The story and the plot isn't so bad, but what really got me was the romance in this book. I felt like this was not the same Isabella from the previous book which was a utter disappointment. Mac and Isabella were separated for three and a half years and they are finally trying to rekindle their marriage and bring back the lost love in their marriage.

Mac and Isabella were just too boring to me. I just didn't see the spark that Ian and Beth had in The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. When reading a romance book I expect that perfect romance where the hero and heroine fall in love and magic happens. There was no magic or any sparks. To be honest I was bored through the entire book.

We did get brief glimpses of characters from the previous book, which was enjoyable to find out what they were up to and everything. But, honestly, I was highly disappointed in LADY ISABELLA'S SCANDALOUS MARRIAGE for the romance alone. But I think it can go both ways, I've seen some readers love and some reading not loving it. I am looking forward and also a bit scared to read about the next Mackenzie brother, Cameron. I just hope I will not end up being disappointed with his story.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews