cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews

Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4) - Ilona Andrews
“Enough," Curran said. An unmistakable command saturated his voice. Jim clicked his mouth shut. I crossed my arms. "I'm sorry, is this the part where I fall to my knees and shiver in fear, Your Furriness? Silly me, I didn't get the memo.”

MAGIC GIFTS is my basically my Kate and Curran fix til the next full length Kate and Curran book comes back in 2013. This will be hard and much torture for me to wait that long. I don't know how I'll do it, but I was extremely happy to have MAGIC GIFTS for Christmas.

I am not too fond of novellas or short stories of any book series that well. First of all I feel that they are too short and normally are just focus on the plot of the story and not much of the characters, which proved to be true with MAGIC GIFTS. I wanted more of a focus on Kate and Curran and more cute scenes between the two of them, but we didn't really get any. It mostly focused on the plot of the novella.

“This is payback, isn't it?" Jim glared at me. "Don't be ridiculous," I told him. "As the Consort of the Pack, I'm far above petty revenge.”

But we still get that snarky dialogue that we all absolutely live for in the Kate Daniels Series, which made me love it even more. One reason I love the Kate Daniels Series is for the dialogue. It is wonderfully written and I will never get enough of it.

All and all I would say that MAGIC GIFTS was a good and enjoyable book, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I would have enjoyed a full length book. I did enjoy Kate, Curan and Jim quite a bit in this short novella and it definitely makes me wanna re-read the series.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews