cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout

“You can’t be serious.” He grinned. “I bet that by New Year’s Day, you will have admitted that you’re madly, deeply, and irrevocably—”

I have had a love and hate relationship with Jennifer L. Armentrout's books. This is the fourth book of hers I have read and I'm afraid I may have to break up with this author. I'm just not feeling it. The Covenant Series was a disaster for me, Obsidian the first book in the Luxe Series did push some of my buttons, but it wasn't horrible. But ONYXpushed a lot of my buttons and I became so uninterested. I think this may be it for me.

“And I have this really fun idea of how we can do it.” I knew what his “fun idea” was. Me. Him. Making out. I smiled, and the green of his eyes heated. “Liking the idea?” he murmured, and his gaze dropped to my lips.

ONYX started out pretty well. Daemon is pursuing Katy and we have some amazing chemistry between the two. Some hot kissing scenes to die for as well. At the end of Obsidian Daemon healed Katy and in this book she comes into some alien powers that get a little out of control and Daemon and Katy find out some interesting news about what this all means.

“I don’t want this with you.” I started to turn, but he caught my arm. I glared at him. “Daemon…” He looked at me straight on. “You’re a terrible liar. You do want this. Just as badly as I do.”

Katy was a freaking pain in the butt in this book! I couldn't stand her, and I guess that was what made the book so horrible for me. Katy acted really stupid and made dumb decisions and I lost respect for her. I find her weak and whinny. We have a thing going on between Katy and Daemon, but she refuses to believe he actually likes her. She only think it is because of the bond and connection from him healing her. It took someone else pointing it out to her to believe that the connection/bond isn't solely why Daemon likes her.

Great. I was the biggest asshat alive. This whole time I’d kept throwing the alien connection in Daemon’s face and it hadn’t been what was propelling him.

Blaming it on the connection is a "weak heroine ass" move! She throws a little temper tantrum when she she's Daemon with someone else and assumes he was doing naughty stuff with her, but then when another guy is thrown into the mix for Katy it is suddenly different when Katy is with a guy other than Daemon. HYPOCRITE! She makes decisions that could put her life in danger a bit, I know heroines do that often, but it seemed more extreme in ONYX. And asshat. Really?! Who even says weird made up curse words like that?

“You have no idea how badly I want this.” His voice was rough against my cheek. Raw.

Daemon was amazing as usual, but by the time I got halfway through the book I couldn't appreciate Katy and Daemon because of all of Katy's flaws and I lost interest. I swear at least one thing in every chapter pushed my buttons. The Lux Series is a good alien series, if you can get past of the characters actions and flaws. I'm sorry, but I just can't read about characters, heroines that I can't stand.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews