cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor

“Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love.
It did not end well.”

I went into DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE expecting not to like it. That awful cover and plus it's an angel book. I have read many angel books, many I tell you and almost all of them I did not like. There is probaly just one angel/demon book that I've read that I really liked. But HOLY HELL! You don't know what an angel book is until you've read Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE. I mean, she sure showed me to not underestimate this woman!

"Your soul sings to mine. My soul is yours, and it always will be, in any world. No matter what happens---" His voice cracked, and he took a breath. "I need you to remember that I love you."

This story was truly a beautiful and captivating fairy tale! We have demons and angels at war with each other and it becomes so very real and heartbreaking. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE felt so unlike a Young Adult novel because in a way it felt more mature. I don't know how to exactly put it, but I felt like the character's weren't making stupid decisions and the world-building and writing was so beautiful. I have never read a book like this, it just felt so different.

He was the most beautiful thing Kaoru had ever seen. Her first thought, incongruous but overpowering, was to memorize him so she could draw him later.

We have Kaoru, the blue-haired, artistic heroine. I Just would love to point out that I love that her hair is blue! I Love Kaoru. I thought she was such a strong heroine and she yearns to be loved to be cared for and wanted. Kaoru has a demon family who raised her who is Brimstone, who is a considered to be a monster and evil, but I think he is just misunderstood. I loved him! And then we have Issa Twiga, and Ysari who has loved Kaoru since birth. They are her family and I loved the role they played as Kaoru's family and in her life.

She cast a sidelong glance at Kaoru and said, in helpless amazement, "Oh, hell. Must. Mate. Immediately."

And then we have Kaoru's wacky best friend, Zuzana! Zuzana was such a joy! She's fun and bright and so funny! She and I had some good times and I Look forward to more. Then we have Kaoru's ex, Kaz. He thinks he's hot shit and in love with himself. Let's just say I"m glad he's her ex now. And let's not forget Akiva as well! Akiva is the ideal tortured soul type! And how could I not love him! He lost his love and he seeks to avenge her til this very day. I feel that he still suffer's inside and I hope Kaoru is able to bring out the light in him!

"I just got them. Beautiful, aren't they?" "Beautiful," he agreed, and he might have been talking about the knives, but he was looking straight at her.

I must warn you of the dreadful ending! You will be thinking about this book constantly and dying to know what happens next! This book was captivating, heartbreaking, incredibly beautiful and Epic! DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE was freaking amazing, and I must say Laini Taylor writes one hell of an angel and demon book! You will be impressed and she does not disappoint!

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews