cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Junjo Romantica Volume 1 by Shungiku Nakamura

Junjo Romantica, Volume 1 - Shungiku Nakamura

JUNJOU ROMANTICA was my first introduction into yaoi aka. Boy's Love. I didn't particularly had any thoughts on it before hand. I just hadn't ever tried any because I was addicted to shoujo. I had started out with the JUNJOU ROMANTICA anime and I fell madly in love, Soon after I finished I found out there was a manga and became addicted to it! Man, oh man! JUNJOU ROMANTICA was absoultely amazing! I couldn't get enough!

description

Misaki is failing and wants to get into university. Luckily Misaki's brother's best friend, Usami Akihito will be tutoring Misaki. Misaki soon finds out that Usami is in love with Misaki's brother and aside from the normal novels he writes, (oh, by the way he is a famous writer), he writes Boy's Love on the side and occasionally uses people that he knows in the books, like Misaki's older brother. Misaki and Usami get off on the wrong foot at first, but soon after they get along better. Usami soon falls for Misaki because of his caring heart and kindness!

description

I love both Misaki and Akihito. They are both so funny. Akihito is very straight forward with his feelings and Misaki evades all thing romantic. The story is really cute. Older man falls for high schooler and tries to make him fall in love with him. The loved how the relationship developed just for the two chapters They began hating each other and slowly began to care for each other. The only thing is I am not too fond of the art. The art isn't as bad as some, but I"m not crazy for it either. Thankfully, I heard it does get better in future volumes.

description

JUNJOU ROMANTICA consists of three stories about three different couples and all three have connections to at least one person from each couple out of the three. Our second couple was featured in volume 1 and they are called the Junjou Egoist couple, Hiroki and Nowaki. Hiroki is Akihito's childhood friend and Hiro has had a crush on him forever, and it is painful to read too. He is hurt that he knows Akihito will never feel the same way. Nowaki pops into his life soon after.

description

Hiroki never lets anyone see his emotions. He has a lot of pride and sometimes he is an ass and tough on the outside, but he is soft on the inside and lonely. The Junjou Egoist really gets to you emotionally and it makes you happy that Hiro has finally found someone. Nowaki really has to be straight forward and persistant and I am cheering for him all the way! So overall, JUNJOU ROMANTICA would be another yaoi manga that I would recommend if you are just starting out and I highly suggest watching the anime as well, you'll get tons more laughs in!

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews