cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance

Midnight's Daughter - Karen Chance

“Ah yes, my dear demented relatives. Drac, the homicidal maniac, Radu, the poncy lunatic, and dear, cowardly Daddy, sending us off to manage what he doesn’t dare to face himself.” I smiled, deliberately provocative. “Just imagine, I’m actually the normal one. Sort of like that blond chick on The Munsters .”

I didn't realize how incredibly awesome the spin off to Cassandra Palmer was going to be! Let's just say I was most definitely blown away! There were many laughable funny moments and I love the characters, maybe even more than in the Cassandra Palmer Series. MIDNIGHT'S DAUGHTER was definitely my brand of vampire book!

“Mess with my weed again and I’ll be informing Daddy that there was an early casualty on the mission.” I saw him wince at my designation for Mircea and grinned.

Our heroine, Dory is the Dhampir, half-human and half-vampire daughter of Mirecea. She man, does she have attitude and bad-ass-ness added on top of that! Micrea and Dory have a very strained relationship, but hopefully t hat gets resolved through later books! But MIDNIGHT'S DAUGHTER consists of her having to go on a mission to capture her uncle, Dracula and she has to go with none other than, Louis-Cesare!

“My lord...I can explain-," Louis-Cesare began, looking less than certain that he could do anything of the kind. Radu held up a hand. "I am sure there is a perfectly good reason why my niece is naked and tied to her bed. I am also equally certain that I do not wish to hear it".”

Louis-Cesare and Dory are a match made in heaven! What I love about Urban Fantasy series is we always have a this amazing couple who start out hating each other's guts, but by a couple more books they are in love and are a couple! I can't wait for more Louis-Cesare and Dory relationship developments! But they are bothe HILARIOUS in this book! SO many funny moments and laughs!

“I glanced at Radu. "What, exactly is Louis-Cesare's problem?'. [..]
Suddenly a speculative gleam lit his eyes. It made me nervous. 'He tends to be very protective of women,"he said thoughtfully. "You're a woman Dory." "Thank you for pointing that out. But I didn't think dhampirs qualified." Radu smirked. "It appears you've been upgraded.”

We learn about a lot of different character past and backstory and I am hoping to learn more in the upcoming books! There were parts that really dragged where it didn't keep my attention, but overall it was an awesome start to the Dorina Basarab Series! Looking forward for more!