cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick Redemption - Kristen Ashley

I went into ROCK CHICK REDEMPTION and it seemed like the heroine was pretty sane. Opps. Spoke way too soon. This book was way better than the last Rock Chick book I read, but I"ve been having problems with the heroines in this series. They are just so dumb and stupid. Thank god the other stuff in the book made up for it.

“Belonging to me doesn’t mean I’ll make you do anything, it just means I consider you mine for as long as this lasts. It means I protect you, it means I take care of you. For another man, it might mean something different. Don’t confuse me with another man”

ROCK CHICK REDEMPTION features hottie cop, Hank Nightingale this time around and I loved him. This story was very engaging. Roxie is on the run from her ex-boyfriend, Billy and goes to Denver to seek help from her Uncle Tex and catches the eye of Hank and thus the seducing begins. I started out liking Roxy, but that went down south quickly. In contemporary romance books I don't need my heroines to be superman strong willed, but not so bloody weak and pathletic.

I dont' buy into all that stuff. First she thinks she can outsmart her ex and comes up with this stupid plan that doesn't even work at all Next she doesn't even file a report or seek help from police or even Lee's firm, even after knowing what they can do. Seriously? And she has this whole I"m not good enough attitude. I"m sorry, but it so pathletic. Oh, and while I"m at it I"m going to throw myself back to my ex, when all these guys who are experienced in the police biz are trying to protect me, just because my ex is holding up a gun. Come on! I cannot believe this girls stupidity. She's worse than Indy!

“Son, let me tell you something. Even if you don't care, pretend you do. Honestly, it's the best way to go," Dad, the voice of experience, decided to wade in. "She talks about toss pillows. You don't care about toss pillows. You don't even know what toss pillows are. Pretend that toss pillows are your highest priority in life.”

Thankfully the storyline and the side character's sily little drama made up for Stupid lil Roxie. I loved the whole girl talk stuff with Indy, Aly, Jet, and Daisy! I love that group. Everybody in everyone's business. It's so funny! I Love the Hot Guy bunch. I've become attracted to Vance & Luke, so I am so looking forward to their book! Best part of the book was Roxie's parents! They were a hoot! Kristen Ashley writes the best parents in her books. Ones that will make you laugh out loud! Looking forward to the next one!