cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout

OBSIDIAN is definitely a very different type of book and I was very impressed, but slightly disappointed in things that caught my attention right away. But I will say that OBSIDIAN is one of those books you need to check out because you are going to fall in love with it.

Katy is a heroine I think we can all pretty much relate to. It was pretty funny to learn that she is a book blogger and I laughed when she talked about Waiting on Wednesday. I think I was just caught off guard at that point that I just didn't expect it. Anyway Katy is a very smart girl and when she meets Daemon, of course sexual tension happens, and we can see that.

"You have a blog?" He faced me leaning back against the post. Derision pinched his features.
He'd said blog like it was a crack habit. "Yeah, I have a blog." "What's your blog's name?" "None of your bussiness," I said, smiling sweetly. Interesting name." He returned my smile with a half grin. "So what do you blog about? Knitting? Puzzles, Being lonely?"

But I thought Daemon's character was very strange in the fact that he hated Katy through more than half the book, he is completely rude to her and he doesn't even know her! Don't get me wrong I understand all of why's, but still. Daemon has a sister me wants to protect and he wants Katy to stay away from her, but in my opinion he draws way more attention to himself and his kind acting the way he does. I mean there was this one scene I didn't get because it was like they were just screaming, "I'm different! I'm different! I'm not human! I'm not human!"

I would have to say that was my huge problem with the book. The rudeness without any explanation really made me think discrimination for a minute there. It was really weird and hopefully it will disappear in the next book. Daemon's character got better and better throughout the book though. I like him, but I kind of can't forgive the lame attitude he showed Katy.

"Kat?"
Drawing a deep breath, I faced him. "What?"
A smile parted him lips. "You do realize I love a challenge?"

But I have warmed up to Daemon. I like him and there were times you seen that he was so very adorable, sweet and he really does have a funny sense of humor. I'm always laughing when I see that side of him and I think throughout the book he really fell for Katy. I like that he is really protective of his sister though I think he is way overprotective and I get why, but still a bit over protective.

Overall OBSIDIAN was a pretty good read and I loved the plot and story and I think there is so much more potential for this series and after that incredible ending I really can't wait to see where Jennifer L. Armentrout takes the story.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews