cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe - Beth Revis

Across the Universe was a beautiful story that captured me til the very end. I loved every single moment of this book. I couldn't stop reading until I got to the very last page. This would have to be my first dystopian and I loved it. This book was heart wrenching. And I am just making you want to read it even more now, aren't I?

I am not much of a sci-fi fan, so I am a bit wary towards those types of books, but this would have to be the second sci-fi book I have read and OMG. it blew my away. I really need to look more into the sci-fi genre. They may have some more books that I will devour.

I really felt for the main character Amy. I have to say I could never in a million years go through what she had to go through. On Godspeed, everyone is the same, same eye color, hair, skin color, etc. and Amy is the only one that is different and since she has woken up from being frozen it has been nothing but suffocating for her. She is on a ship where people think of here as a freak and there customs are so ridicolous to her, all she want is for her father to hold her, but will she wake him up and make him go through what she had to go through.

Elder is supposedly Amy's love interest and he is different from the leader of Godspeed, Eldest. He is more caring towards other, and he has heart. Since Amy has woken up he has re guarded her as the most beautiful creature in the universe, with her beautiful red hair and her grass-green eyes. He is one of the several people that treats her as a person. One thing I really loved about this book is that it is in both Amy's and Elder's POV. I think to see what is going on with both of them when the other is not around and it explains what exactly is going on.

Eldest is the leader of godspeed and I express utter hatred from this lunatic. To me he is not a leader at all, he is a controller. If everything doesn't go his way, he has a fit like a spoiled child. And I am sure if you have read the book, you would agree with me.

I thought that this book was really creative with mystery and romance. I thought here was was a lot of twists and turns in this book that just surprises you. And the end! All I have to say is OMFG! I did not see that coming. This has to be my second favorite young adult book of 2011. Revis is not giving us anything on book 2 right now, which is driving me crazy. Although the ending does not end in a cliffhanger(thank you, Revis) the ending just makes you want the second book immediately.