cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy  - Richelle Mead

i was gonna read this after i had finished reading the twilight saga but i kept putting it off and off. and i finally did read it and it was amazing. i loved it, even more so than twilight. this is one of the best vampire book series out there, so if you a vampire fan, u gotta read this. ill be reading the next book right away next, i just cant get enough of dimitri. XD

Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

I have had my eye on this book for a while but had not read it and I don't know why, maybe the title had sounded a bit chessy or something, but I wish I would've read the Vampire Academy Series right away. This has got to be one of the best young adult books ever. This has a great storyline and appealing characters that you will grow to love. 17 year old, Rose Hathaway is a dhampair(half vampire, half human) and runs from the Academy with Lissa, her muroi best friend that is royal because they both believe that Lissa is in danger at the Academy. They have not been found for two years. Until they get tracked down by Dimitri, new and assigned bodyguard/guardian for Lissa and they have to return to the Academy. To stay on as Lissa's bodyguard/guardian Rose has to be trained by 24 year old, Dimitri and she ends up falling in love with him. We get to learn about what kind of vampire world this is. This is not just another vampire love story. It is a compelling world that everyone needs to be apart of. After reading this I really get why Richelle mead has reached New York Times Bestselling Author. Her ideas are so orginal and different. I just love it.

Rose is very different from many heroines in other young adult books I have read and I just love it. She is bad ass, strong, a tomb boy, she is reckless, but she always does what she thinks is right, headstrong. She is not weak and that is not what I want in my heroines so I was very satisfied with everything about this girl. After training with the hot guardian, Dimitri she ends up falling in love with him. All she does is think about him and let me think, does Dimitri just think about Rose too? Dimitri is such a interesting character. He is very smart, very dedicated to his job as a guardian and because of that is very disciplined but right of you can tell that he most definitely feels somthing for Rose. I love watching these two together. They are in a forbidden romance, but I really hope to see them end up together in the end.

Our Moroi, Princess Dragonmir princess, Lissa did not impress me as well as the other characters. I find her an okay character. I kind of find her whiny and way too dependant on Rose. I hope in the future books she grows out of that. Christian was a favorite. He is also another moroi and a love interest for Lissa. Christian is so mysterous sometimes. He is misunderstood very everyone and is a bit of a loner. In Vampire Academy we have three types of vampire races, the moroi, not all of them are royalty, but a lot of them are the real living vampires who feed on blood and they have these elemental powers, such as fire, water, air...Moroi are to be protected and that is where the Dhampirs come in. Dhampirs are the children of a Moroi or a human/dhampair. They are the owns who train to become a guardian and protect the Moroi. They are very fast and strong. Dhampirs can walk in the sunlight, they cannot work magic like the Moroi do and they do not feed on blood. The ones who the Dhampirs protect the Moroi from are the Strigoi. The Strigoi are undead vampires who are the strongest vampires of them all and are murderous, blood hungry, and immortal. They can turn Moroi, Dhampirs, and humans into Strigoi.

The ending was set up beautifully for the next book and I am really excited to check out the next in the series. I think the world that Richelle Mead has created is a very compelling journey and a lovely forbidden love story about friendship, love, and betrayal. This is a must-read that definitelt needs to be checked out.