cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks

Tempting Danger - Eileen Wilks

TEMPTING DANGER was quite a different type of UF book than I am usually used to. I would call this a mix of FBI/cop mystery plus very little romance/paranormal drama. To be honest I don't really know how I felt about this book, but I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. Starting the book, I didn't know if I would like it because of the cop/FBI stuff, because I'm more of UF and less mystery stuff. But it wasn't that bad. I loved the cop drama.

Lily and Rule. Honestly I didn't see any chemisty between these two. I mean isn't the chosen/mate thing always used in UF/PNR? It is and I wasn't bothered by it if I liked the couple, but I didn't really find anything appealing about these two characters. I felt mostly all the characters were a bit bland and none of them wow-ed me. I never felt like there was this bif connection between Rule and Lily. Lily was a bit interesting and I may have continued to read just because of her. We don't get many heroines that are a serious type like her.

One thing is it is labeled as UF, but we barely got any of that in the book, and that may be a reason why I was quite disappointed, because I love my UF, and it was quite absent.

Reading this, I kept reading, but it was just okay. It was a bit boring at times a lot, but I was hoping maybe it may get better. I would continue reading this if I had nothing else to read. I think these for me personally would be one of those series, that you would love to continue to see where it goes when you have the time. I may come back to the series when I have nothing on my shelf that I am excited to read. I think it has promise to turn into a great series, but the first book was just okay for me. I have seen others rate the first couple of books in the 3 stars range and then it moves up into the 4-5 stars.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews