cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath - Brodi Ashton

EVERNEATH was a very interesting book. I liked it and I didn't like it. Almost the entire book sort of dragged on for a bit for me. I'm not sure if it was the storyline or all the flashback scenes. Or maybe I just expected so much more from this book.

Nikki, the main character was just okay to me. I didn't hate her or anything, but she just didn't seem as strong as other heroines in books. She seemed a bit weak to me. In this book there were quite a few of going back and forth between the present and the past and it felt a little bit annoying to me.

The present seemed to boring because I sort of didn't know what happened in the past yet to understand what the hell is going on in the present. You know what I mean? And the past flashback scenes came slowly.

"That looks cozy," I said in a timid voice.
He turned at the sound and --taking in my appearence--immediately spit hot chocolate all over.
"What?" I demanded.
"Breathtaking."

I really enjoyed Nikki's supposed ex boyfriend, Jack. I think I am Team Jack. He reminds me of Kimberly Derting's, Jay from The Body Finder Series. He is everything I would want in a boyfriend. He is sweet and caring and he makes your heart flutter like crazy. I immensely enjoyed the flashback scenes when Jack was apart of them. He'll definitely become a favorite for many readers.

"I have all the time in the world. What in your infinite knowledge of me, makes you think I'd ever give up?"

Cole is the bad boy who brought Nikki to the dark side and Nikki broke free from his clutches and he is still trying to get her back. I am not sure about Cole yet. He is the bad boy and litterly evil guy to Nikki in the book, but throughout the book and by the time you finish the book you know that Cole actually cares and wants Nikki as his as in love with her.

Nikki wants nothing more to do with Cole but I have a feeling he isn't going anywhere. He is still convinced that Nikki is his. EVERNEATH was good, but I think I just expected something different from what I got with EVERNEATH. I think I'll read the next book to see what happens since the ending was sort of a cliffhanger.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews