cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson

Wicked as They Come - Delilah S. Dawson

“I would burn down the world for you," he whispered fiercely. "Your world or my own. I would rip down the entire city with my bare hands without a second thought. I don't need to taste anything else, I don't need a comparison.”

Everything I heard about this book totally blew me away, even those totally sexy quotes made me swoon over this book. One thing for sure is WICKED AS THEY COME is a very different book, and categorized in a genre that I don't read very often, Steampunk. WICKED AS THEY COME was most definitely unqiue and so very different like everyone said it was, but I wasn't pulled in as much as I would have liked to have been.

“Let me guess. You think we’re going to live happily ever after, like some stupid fairy tale?”

“Why not?” His stare dared me to laugh or, worse, to argue.

When I started WICKED AS THEY COME I was reminded of Alice in Wonderland in a way which was so cool because this book definitely has some aspects that are similar to Alice in Wonderland, the heroine being thrown into a strange new world and things in that world being 100% different. We call them vampires, they call them the Blud! They have have bludrabbits and bludrats. Strange yes?

“Time to beat back the bunny hordes," he said gallantly,knowing that any blood-hungry animals in the area would be waiting outside for me.

He threw open the door, shouting, "Bunnies, prepare to meet your doom!”

Now on to the problem I had with the WICKED AS THEY COME. It was very slow paced. If you know me well, you know that I absolutely cannot stand to read books that are slow paced. It drives me insane. I will feel like I am getting nowhere in my reading and reading this days for weeks and weeks just to finish it. And it is a pain. That was my number one problem. WICKED AS THEY COME also felt a bit flat for me. I just couldn't really connect with the characters all that much. It's like when you're reading and you can't give an emotionally reaction to the characters of the book. There was just no connection, even though I so very much wish that there was!

“I don’t mind if you want to play coy, Leticia,” he whispered, his lips brushing my skin just enough to make me buck. He licked a line from the curve of my ear down my neck, and I shuddered. “But I aim to make you surrender.”

This does not mean that I didn't swoon and drool all over Criminy Stain like the rest of you gals! Believe me, I did! I loved the very alpha hero of the story! I loved everything about him, yes, even his claws. But one thing was, I didn't really feel the romance as well, and maybe that's because the whole book fell flat for me. But I just found the romance was lacking.

“Dammit, woman! You're scent, your stupid bloody delicious scent lingering in every crevice of my body and my wardrobe, driving me nearly mad. Do you know what it's like to want something so badly, to have it so close, and still feel that it's out of your reach? Out of control?”

Overall the idea and storyline for WICKED AS THEY COME is absolutely amazing! Most readers have loved this book and I expect tons more of readers to love it just because of the fabulous strange new world we are thrown into, oh, and of course for Criminy Stain! Because believe me, I don't regret reading the book, just so I had the chance to meet the incredible Criminy Stain.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews