cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins

“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.”

SWEET EVIL was quite the wild ride and I do mean wild! This book definitely captured my attention right away! I was really impressed! But to a point I was a bit disappointed with the characters, but as far as the plot goes, it rocked!

Anna goes to this rock band concert with her best friend, Jay. There she is instantly attracted and drawn to Kaidan Cross the drummer. He is everything you see in a bad boy! He sexy, hot, has that sexy accent you want in all your bad boys and he's a definite heartbreaker! Upon meeting, Anna finds out there is something else like her, that is different like her.

“Good gracious, he was sexy—a word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment. This guy was sexy like it was his job or something.”

Kaidan begins teaching her and telling her everything about the nephilum. There are rules and serious consequences if you break them. There are 12 Dukes that are the demon bossed on earth. They are all things sin and evil. I am not a fan of angel/demon books because most of them I do not like, but this would probaly have to be my favorite at the moment. I loved the twist about there being Dukes and each one represents a certain sin! I loved that! Amazing!

“Bring her back to me safely, with her virtue intact.” I closed my eyes. Someone kill me now.

Anna is this innocent little flower and I don't mean to the fact that she's a virgin or anything, but her personality. Her character was so unbelieveable to me because I feel like nobody is actually like that. So perfect and so innocent. And I feel like she made such stupid decisions and was no naggy about being together with Kaidan. I was at the point of getting sick of hearing, "Kaidan this and Kaidan that."

Get this. He’s a kiler musician, he gets tons of chicks, his dad’s loaded, and as if that wasn’t enough, he’s got a friggin’ English accent!” I had to smile at Jay’s mix of envy and admiration.

Kaidon is the son of Lust! *SWOON*! I found him delciously sexy and I sometimes wanted him as much as Anna did! Watching Anna and Kaidan became painful at times because it is forbidden for them to care, I mean be in love with each other and Anna didn't actually understand the extent of the danger until we got to the end of SWEET EVIL.

My father tilted his head up to the ceiling and pressed his giant hands to his face, muffling his speech. “I’m way too old for this.”

I must say I absolutely loved Anna's dad! He was a great dad and I felt like her cared deeply for his daughter. He has that personality in a guy that you will just fall in love with. He has a lot of teaching to do with his daughter because Anna is blind. She know nothing of this world of the Dukes of Sin!

Overall, I did have some negative reactions with some of the characters, namely Anna, but as far as the plot and idea of the nephilum and the Dukes of Sin, I thought it was a pretty addicting read! I definitely plan on checking out the second in this series, hoping that the heroine will gain some backbone and change a bit.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews