cr6zym0nkeyiz

cr6zym0nkeyiz

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster  - Jamie McGuire

I made a face and he chuckled. “I don’t get hit that often. If they swing, I move. It’s not that hard.” I laughed once. “You act as if no one else has come to that conclusion.” “When I throw a punch they take it and try to reciprocate. That’s not gonna win a fight.” I rolled my eyes. “What are you…the Karate Kid?

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER was one of those love to hate and hate to love books! I swear this book drove me a little bonkers at times. I am in semi hate mode for the heroine and love mode for the hero! BEAUTIFUL DISASTER didn't pull me all the way through, but I did still enjoy it to a point. So much so with all those funny moments and quotes!

Travis looked up at me. “I know I get crazy when it comes to you, but God knows I’m tryin’, Pidge. I don’t wanna screw this up.” “Then don’t.” “This is hard for me, ya know. I feel like any second you’re going to figure out what a piece of shit I am and leave me."

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER is the story of Abby, who has left her home and family in Kanas to start a new life away from it all. Abby then meets the sexy, bad boy player, Travis Maddox, who she wants nothing to do with because she knows exactly what kind of guy he is, but ends up becoming best friends with and falling madly in love with him. And obviously he has fallen for her since day 1!

America laughed. “You just had a disappointing date with Parker, and you smiled when Travis called. Are you really that dense?”

I have had a problem with Abby from the beginning! I won't say the beginning. But once I got to know her more, I hated her to the extreme! I have a preference for heroines. My heroines don't have to be so bad ass with their attitude and kick some vampire and demon butt, but they have to be strong willed inside and out, and Abby was the weakest heroine I have come across. She drives me insane. Like seriously?! How can she not know Travis likes her! Every freaking body could tell and I think she knows, but chose to ignore it. A lot of stuff she is so dense when it comes to him. I can't stand heroines that are like her. To me, she is a weak heroine who runs away from her problems.

“I know we’re fucked up, all right? I’m impulsive, and hot-tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don’t deserve you…but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I’ve loved anyone or anything, ever. When you’re around, I don’t need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands…all I need is you. You’re all I think about. You’re all I dream about. You’re all I want."

Travis freaking Maddox, I loved him! It is impossible not to fall in love with him! He has that cute and charming attitude that I love! And he will fight to the death for his woman! I didn't like that her brought women home and slept with them on the couch, but with Abby he treats her like she is this precious being that he possibly cannot survive without. I think he would be lost without her, but I honestly don't know what Travis she's in her.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You thought I was going to wake up pissed at you, didn’t you? You thought I was going to leave?” He shrugged, making a poor attempt at the indifference that used to come so easily to him. “That is what you’re famous for.”

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER had this weird slow/okay vibe to it. Like I wish some of the scenes were a little more descriptive, especially the love scenes. They just seemed kind of dull. The ones I've seen in some Young Adult books were more descriptive than this. I felt like I didn't get enough, like the writing didn't pull me all the way through. I did still enjoy it though!

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews